Save Dakota Fanning!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

He apparently scares more people than just us

hRead Article Here

Tom Cruise's new film War Of The Worlds has been blamed for a mass panic in Siberia after locals mistook a tornado for an alien invasion.

People in the Khabarovsk region of Siberia jumped into their cars and fled their homes in panic when the freak wind arrived out of nowhere, flattening trees and destroying property.

But officials from local emergency services said the destruction had been caused by a freak tornado that ripped through the area.

They blamed the fear of an alien invasion on the recent showing of the War Of The Worlds.


This fear is world-wide, and not entirely based on fiction. If I thought Tom Cruise was coming to my homeland to steal my children, I would run, too. Hide your daughters! Who will be next! If not Dakota, hide your 15 year olds. "11 years younger than the last" seems to be his mantra. Pray he does not break it. Pray he keeps Dakota safe. But keep your daughters safe, too. Don't let them take his vitamins.

1 Comments:

  • When I knew the piece of news refering to a tornado in the territory of Khabarovsk (and its cinematographic consequences), I was very surprised since I usually read informative webs from that region, due to the fact of wich I have travelled to the town of Khabarovsk several times. Of course, I had read nothing refering to this. After intense search on Internet I only found identical draft in all the references to the matter, and none of them was written in the "affected zone".

    My conclusion is that the news was invented in order to promote the film.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home