Save Dakota Fanning!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tom Travolta


Remember Battlefeild Earth? Okay, I'm getting a bunch of blank stares. Let me try again.

Remember when John Travolta made that crazy movie about aliens where he wore long hair and nose plugs and hasn't don't anything since and no one cares about current John Travolta anymore? Yeah, me, too, but only vaguely.

It was big news at the time. I mean, fuck, Travolta was in Pulp Fiction. This guy was COOL.

But then, he puts out some crap sci fi B movie, only wait, it's actually a story of his religious beliefs? Now, I know a number of people follow the Star Trek way of life, but they don't think it was real. That's crazy talk.

And, crazy talk it was. I had to look up on imdb.com to see what movies he'd done afterward. I hadn't heard of any of them. Well, except "Be Cool," but that was so, so bad.

Now, I'm sure Travolta and Cruise share protein strands or something, so they must communicate. Are they so delusional that they are blind to the obvious: Being crazy can ruin your career. Especially that kind of crazy.

Sure, if you're a pencil pusher in a company that embraces...certain beliefs, anouncing those beliefs can help keep you in the company, or even help you be promoted over non-believers.

But acting crazy only works for writers who want their ashes shot out of cannons, or Gary Busey.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Cruise fading off into obscurity, to become the next Rex Manning. Just fade away! And he's well on his way to doing just that.

At least Travolta was tall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home